Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Jesus was referring to false prophets when He gave that warning. I don't think I've ever heard anyone allude to Paul as a false prophet, esp after how God brought him into the faith. He was in fact the greatest apostle that lived, taught and wrote for our benefit.
You might want to read the last words in Revelation and the Bible how we are instructed not to add to or take away from the word of God.
You are on very dangerous ground.
You can believe what you wish. I choose to believe in Jesus. His teachings on salvation are sufficient for me. Are they not for you?

As to the warning in Revelation. That concerned the writings in the book of Revelation. The New Testament had not been put together at that time. So by your reasoning the New Testament was an addition to the word of God. Is it not?

Go ahead ..... Pick and choose while ignoring the rest. The whole Christian world is full of folks who do that but the gate is narrow. Your thesis is downright astounding, lacking all reason.

Your signature is ironic .... Jesus: "Take heed that ye be not deceived, for many shall come in my name".

I will reply to you no further in this thread.
I'm sorry you feel that way but I understand. It was painful for me to realize I had been misled by Pauline preachers and teachers. As Jung or some wise person said "there is no coming to consciousness without pain". Take heed that ye be not deceived.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."