Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
Why can’t you live with the choice that believers make?

Isn't truth more important? Lots of people believe in lots of things that have no basis in reality - any other topic and they would be considered delusional.

I'm sure that for all other things in life you only believe them once you are convinced that they are true. Why the special concession for religion?

Why do you hold out special concession for science? If there is a God, he is far beyond our comprehension yet you demand Godby comprehended within the terms that you set.

We do not look in the face of God. God remains hidden in the metaphysical. Simple observation would demonstrate this to us yet you demand that God sent your definition, so that he can be explained, defined and categorized through physical means the parameters of which you set through scientific method. the logic of demanding a physical evidence for metaphysical being seems more than a bit silly.

But then there is a point in time and history when we do see God yet you deny that as a falsehood and narrative a conjuring a creation of men.

Here's the thing - science is demonstably true, no faith needed. Ignorance or arrogance may well prevent you from admitting that. We never prayed the internet into existence.

Believing anything that has no proof or basis in reality seems more than a bit silly.

Documentation of seeing god 2000 years ago is about as reliable as that for seeing Spiderman in the 20th century, although we do have photos and videos of the latter.

Metaphysical and supernatural are just easy-out excuses used by the impatient, ignorant people. How much of that magic stuff has evaporated since we've learned more throughout the ages?

That is the difference between atheist and theist...you keep pounding the same old same thing...you need proof beyond a shadow of a doubt....WE GET THAT!....now quit hounding the believers of God the Bible...

Nobody is being hounded, and nobody is being forced to read or respond.....

Bottom line....you keep saying prove that God exist....and we (Christians) keep saying, there is enough evidence that we believe God of the Bible exists......and so it keeps going and going and going....and yes you are hounding the believers in God the Bible.

I'm not saying prove God exists. I'm pointing out that evidence is lacking, that what is written in our holy books is not evidence for what is written about God and the supernatural in their pages.

Which is why believing in the existence of a God or gods a matter of faith, not evidence.

That's all.

I can sort of relate to that....I contend there is much evidence but no earth-shattering positive proof.... The bible is unique in many respects. Not only was it composed by at least 40 writers, on multiple continents, over a span of 1,500 years, but it is not what we would expect to find were it “made up".......just 2 examples follows below....

***Dr. Nelson Glueck was the president of Hebrew Union College and a highly respected archaeologist whose reliance upon the historical accuracy of Scripture led to the discovery of 1,500 ancient sites. Regarding the Bible and archaeology, he stated the following:

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of biblical description has often led to amazing discoveries."

***The distinguished archaeologist Dr. William F. Albright also asserted the accuracy of the Bible’s history.

"Thanks to modern research, we now recognize its substantial historicity. The narratives of the Patriarchs, of Moses and the Exodus, of the Conquest of Canaan, of the Judges, the Monarchy, Exile, and Restoration, have all been confirmed and illustrated to an extent that I should have thought impossible forty years ago."

I find the above 2 examples as evidence, but not bulletproof PROOF, which is why believing in the existence of God of the Bible is a matter of my faith, and not PROOF.

Illegitimi non carborundum