Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by Raspy
That is a totally different thing than what Raspy is saying. Raspy is saying that there is justification in our works.

If there is justification in our works and that’s actually a Biblical doctor then raspy should be able to tell us what work he is doing to justify himself before God and help God save raspy.

Paul is very clear in the doctrine of imputation that we are justified solely through the work of Christ as it relates to salvation. Works have absolutely nothing to do with our justification before God for salvation. If I works do not save us there is certainly no way that they can’t keep us saved.

If works help save us then Raspy should well be able to tell us with clarity and specificity the works that he is doing to make himself more righteous and holy.

Totally different?

Sorry, but I agree with Antlers....>>>Some see that James’ position doesn’t refute the “faith alone” part of the equation at all. The “faith alone” part of the equation still stands, but only the kind of faith that eventually and inevitably produces good works. Good works are not the basis, or foundation, of salvation. Good works are the result of, the fruit of salvation. It isn’t good works that save or justify, they don’t qualify us to enter God’s presence. If people truly trust in Jesus, and put their confidence in Him, that trust and confidence shows up in how they live their lives.<<<

I would suggest studying John 15. Branches are grafted into the vine. Branches through their own work, do not produce fruit. Jesus very clearly says that fruit or Works are produced through abiding in him because he is the source of the life that flows through the branch.

As a branch grafted into the vine what are you doing to produce good works within yourself? If you’re doing good works to improve upon something that God did Christ himself sucked at the analogies that he used to describe what is happening in the believer.

I see....you have your opinion, others have their opinion, and I have mine....
Fair enough. I accept that, and have no problem with it. However, if someone makes a statement, I certainly expect them to be able to give a sense of what they’re saying so that I can understand where they’re coming from. Intern, if I make a statement, I expect the same of myself to be able to give us a sense of what I believe.

if I’m not misunderstanding, you very much believe that your works somehow enhance what God has done in your life to save you as though you’re helping him accomplish what it is that he has done. I definitely without doubt used to think that way myself. However, the reality of my own capability overwhelms me and that View left me empty. if indeed, you are contributing to your salvation, it should be very easy to enumerate those things that you are in deed contributing

Ok, I respect that....

Illegitimi non carborundum