Originally Posted by Hastings
I would like to ask your opinion. Could a person who only had access to the Old Testament and the 4 gospels learn enough to achieve salvation? What if all he had was the OT and the book of Matthew? I'm not asking you to state with certainty if you don't know for certain. Just your opinion.
Originally Posted by antlers
Jesus’ earliest Gentile followers had no scripture at all. The old testament meant nothing to the Gentiles. And the New Testament documents hadn’t even been written yet. But the original version of Christianity wasn’t text-based, it was event-based ~ for both the earliest Gentile Christians and the earliest Jewish Christians.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Again, If I had no other source of information than the OT and the gospel of Matthew would I have enough information to achieve salvation? Say I didn't know anything about early Christianity or Paul or Luke or the Acts or anything else? Put me on an island and those writings delivered to me.
I think your propensity to twist and contort what was said, not only by Jesus Himself, but also by His handpicked Apostles…so that it jives with your own already decided upon theology…would enable ‘you’ to assert your salvation regardless of the fact that you twisted and contorted not only what Jesus Himself said, but also what His handpicked Apostles said.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.