Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

The correct answer is: we don't know.

And the rational thing to do is refrain from making up or adopting explanations because they may be appealing and/or they offer an impression of having answers where there are no actual answers or explanations.

It’s interesting that you are accusing those with whom you disagree of confirmation bias yet so called scientists, who are in many cases nothing more than practitioners of scientism, practice confirmation bias on a regular basis.
It is a dishonest argument.

Only part of the observable world can meet your criteria of empirical data confirmation. I don’t believe that you are a moron nor do you appear to be mentally retarded. You obviously have an ax to grind with Christians and against Christianity. Do you grind that same ax against Buddhists, Muslims, Christian scientists, Mormons, Watchtower Society?

Well. Hells bells. Why am I asking you these questions since I cannot confirm that you are a person and actually exist? For all we know you are a bot being driven by an advanced algorithm, a covert plant hired to disrupt or maybe a sock puppet. It is interesting that Mauser and DBT usually turn up at the same time tag teaming on the religious threads.

NAH. You’re just the pigment of our imaginations.

Ha...good one....

I think our 2 Atheists are trying to duct tape morality onto their nihilism and have it be rational. They are doing it to feel good and to appear normal instead of wearing their nihilism (Relentless negativity or cynicism suggesting an absence of values or beliefs) openly. But their faked morality is not even close to the morality of us Christians……we go against their self-interest because we imitate the self-sacrificial love of Christ, who gave himself as a ransom to save others. That makes no sense to the Atheist worldview, as this life is all the atheist have, and there is no afterlife where their actions are in the context of a relationship with that self-sacrificial Son of God. In any case, free will doesn’t exist to them, so that means no moral choices… These are the common sense implications of atheist first principles…no free will, no right and wrong, no life after death.

Illegitimi non carborundum