I hope y’all will forgive me for jumping in and out of this thread. I have been AFK for a few days and am again catching up a bit.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So just pick one and go for it. Why Christianity though? What don't you like about all the others?

You have had this answered several times. You either lack the intelligence to remember what was posted several pages back, or you are being deliberately obtuse by not directly refuting it. Please, no one give him any hints. Let's see if he can, or will, figure it out and address it.

Your purpose is not to inform, because, according to you, there is nothing to be informed about. No, your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt.

No, it was ever answered. Just faith in one with justification from a flawed Pascals wager. I never got a rational answer to why that particular god. Theists have difficulty answering simple questions about their faith but they bank their eternal afterlife on it - you'd think there would be a compelling argument, to convince themselves at least if not others.

Yes, it has been answered. You can’t be bothered to look back through the thread for the answer and you can’t be bothered to learn enough about the faith that you are so eager to denounce to know the answer; or, you are deliberately being obtuse (again/still). That’s because you are not interested in answers. You are interested in agitation, aggravation, and disruption.

The answer is, of course, the resurrection. This is how and why I choose to be a Christian. Since I was not born into the Jewish faith, if not for the resurrection of Christ I would be a free agent, spiritually speaking. Who knows what faith, if any, I might have chosen? I might have joined you in your atheistic faith.

It is easy to win arguments when you simply dismiss evidence that doesn’t fit your narrative, the way you dismiss the eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ resurrection. Those eyewitnesses suffered for their testimony. They were persecuted, and often tortured and killed; and you want us to think that this was just to perpetrate a hoax, a practical joke? What about Jesus’ body? What became of it? You can bet that if it were still around, the Romans and the Pharisees would have gone full-blown Mogadishu with it. They certainly enjoyed mocking Him while He was on the cross, they would have had a field day dispelling the claims that He had returned to life after being killed by them. But they didn’t because He was not there to be found. You seem not to be able to get past the fact that God did all He has done without you being present from the Creation to the Resurrection; or that some of the things God has done don’t meet with your approval. Boo hoo.

All of your criticisms of Christianity mean nothing if you can’t disprove the resurrection. Yes, there have been a lot of bad things done under the guise of Christianity and The Church, and still are. Humans are sinful creatures, all of us. If it were not so, we would have no need of a savior.

Whether the atheists on this thread realize it or not, they have benefitted greatly by living in a world that has been so heavily influenced by Christianity. The world the atheists would have would be a world without morals; after all, we humans are just another form of animal, right? So, why would we not behave as animals; that is, as either predator or prey? And most importantly, it would be a world largely devoid of love where people saw each other as only useful or not useful towards fulfilling their own selfish desires. I expect that much of human progress would not exist, since the United States, which has been the economic engine of the world for a while now, was founded by men who were for the most part believers. You and untold numbers of others have derived great benefit from the social, economic, and judicial norms that a Christianized world has established. We Americans say we are “endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights...” Well, no Creator, no rights. You only are left with the “privileges” that the tyrants you are enslaved by decide you can have.

But take heart, atheists: the world now seems to be seeing things more and more the way you would have it to, according to the link in the OP. How’s that working out? Are things getting more and more tranquil and stable, as an accidental, evolving planet ought to? Or are people acting more and more like the mere animals you claim we are? In the vacuum of a world without God, every man does what is right in his own sight; the strong and aggressive live, and the weak and the passive are killed. I say again that Christianity is not the problem, it is the solution. The world did not get into the fix it is in by being too Christian.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.