Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Something that is true and factual, by definition, is true and factual regardless of what you, or I, or anyone believes or disbelieves.
Nobody can choose something to be objectively true or false.
Does 'Allah' exist because millions of Muslims 'choose' to believe in the existence of Allah?
I am not exactly addressing your comment but I do believe Allah, El, Jehovah, I am, Yahweh, etc. are names for the same supernatural being. And Islam, Hebrew, and Christianity are closely related. I think it is about time for a lot of us to listen to Spiritual Fantasy by Steppenwolf and get off their high horse of "my way is the only way" but alas I don't know how to get a song onto the discussion. Maybe someone will be able to do it and give a bit of food for thought.
Allah is the Arab word for 'God,' but Islam has a version of God that is different to that of Christianity and Judaism. The god of Islam, Allah, is not the same.
Islam, Judaism, and Christianity all originate from the covenant with Abraham. The God they worship is the same one with different names assigned and differing beliefs about the nature of the prophet Jesus. They all accept the major prophets.

Both Judaism and Christianity rejects the theology of Islam. The word 'God' is common to a number of religions, but the character and attributes of 'God' between religions is contradictory, therefore not compatible.

Being contradictory, they are different versions of the concept of 'God.'

For example, Muslims class Jesus as a prophet of God with the same standing as Mohammad as a prophet of God, Christians of course disagree.

Both cannot be true, either one or the other must be wrong, or both can be wrong. Someone has to be wrong.

Last edited by DBT; 09/22/22.