Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Hastings
I avoid Paul's epistles. As 2nd Peter advises, Paul is hard to understand and people use his words to their own destruction.
So you avoid sections of the Bible that don't fit into your narrative?
Paul wrote the bulk of what orthodox Christianity uses for doctrine and you ignore it? Have you ever read Romans what what Paul says about the state of sinful humanity and about the grace of God that saves us?
I'd be very careful about what I discounted in the Word, esp the NT.
Well now, both Jesus and paul vouched for the Old Testament when they talked about scripture because there was no New Testament at the time. I mostly like to rely on Jesus' word when I find a dichotomy between him and Paul. And I always remember the New Testament was in enemy hands when it was codified. I am pretty sure Jesus' message got through. And he did warn that many would come in his name.

Jesus was referring to false prophets when He gave that warning. I don't think I've ever heard anyone allude to Paul as a false prophet, esp after how God brought him into the faith. He was in fact the greatest apostle that lived, taught and wrote for our benefit.

You might want to read the last words in Revelation and the Bible how we are instructed not to add to or take away from the word of God.

You are on very dangerous ground.

Rejecting Paul is rejecting Jesus. Paul was specifically chosen by God to become the light to the Gentiles after the Jews rejected Jesus, Acts 13:47-48.

The risen Lord commissioned Paul to be the leader of a new revelation, the Church (the Body of Christ). The doctrine of the Body of Christ is unique to Paul. Those who criticize Paul are not Christians. To criticize Paul is to criticize Jesus.

God has blinded many who continue (to this day and on this forum) to reject Paul’s teachings,
2 Corinthians 4:4.

Rejecting Paul is:
dismissing the New Testament except for Matthew and Jude; rejecting salvation; rejecting all church doctrine; rejecting Christianity; and worst of all, rejecting Jesus.

Those who do so are cursed and will end up in the Lake of Fire for their unbelief and stubborn refusal to believe, according to scripture.