Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Those without faith will never understand it, nor accept it.

Everyone has faith. Their faith is in nothing becoming something.

I understand what faith is, but have no use for it and prefer looking to understand the truth instead.

Ok, that is your opinion...I'd like to give you mine.... People have faith in many things they can’t see or prove by themselves... Truth is evidence based and clearly provable.
You may have either blind faith in the strength of a climbing rope or evidence based faith. You may have blind faith in your partner or evidence based faith.

You incorrectly equate "trust" with "faith" but they are 2 different things.

Faith is a belief held without any evidence and is untestable and unverifiable.

Trust is a position taken where the supporting evidence may not be at hand but it is assumed that all is in order. There will however be demonstrable evidence available and possibally even a means of testing. You could for example research the plans, tests and inspections for a high rise building and the competancies of the designers and builders if you wanted. Unless there is something obviously wrong, most people just enter the building. Trust may not even have been a deliberate conscious decision.

Trust can be proven to be wrong. Faith can't be proven to be right. If faith were true then it wouldn't be called faith.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?