Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

Everything you mentioned can be seen and in some cases touched. But I can't get a satisfactory explanation of how it is possible for everything in the universe to be pulled into a tiny bit of matter smaller than an atom and then in a great cataclysmic explosion create the seemingly endless universe that we can see only a small part of. On top of that I would have to believe even in billions of years life as we know it evolved to where it is now. I can believe in adaptive evolution but I'm not up to believing a fungus, a virus, a one cell organism eventually became a tree, a cow, or a man.I can believe the human/[bleep] common ancestor or the various equine species common origin but not the amoeba to fish to man theory.

So I would guess most people harbor a belief in the supernatural, and as to this thread I personally believe the supernatural power of the universe sent his messenger Jesus just as he sent the previous prophets and messengers that were never well received.

There is a lot I don't understand and I certainly can't quite get a God with the power to stop it allowing mankind to run amok but it will all make sense by and by.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."