Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Big bang is BS. What went bang? Where did the matter come from to begin with? Atheists have faith that there is no God. I have faith there is a God. If they are right, I guess I missed out on some things. If I’m right, they spend eternity in hell. How much of a gambler are you?

Evidence and not making assumptions is the key. There is evidence of an expanding universe. If we don't know something, why assume God did it?
What would you call the Uncaused Cause?

Has someone besides theists made a claim for uncaused cause?

Theists assume God - whatever that is supposed to be - to be the uncaused cause.

When God is shown to be the ultimate explanation of the universe and a person asks, “What caused God?”, that is on par with showing that a locomotive is the explanation for the motion of boxcars and someone asking, “Yes, but what’s pulling the locomotive?”

Just as a boxcar’s motion can be explained only by something that is not itself a boxcar, the universe’s existence (including its beginning and motion within it) can be explained only by something that it not itself the universe. If an atheist sees that infinite regression is a bad explanation, then he needs a final cause to make the causal chain finite in length, a cause that by its very nature makes no sense to ask what caused it.

The question now isn’t, “What caused God?” but “What is this cause?” and “Is it God?”

It hasn't been shown that a God exists.

It is being assumed that a God - whatever that is - exists and that God, as it is assumed to be, is eternal.

The whole religious thing is base not on observation of how the universe works, evidence for the existence of a God, but assumption and faith.

Nor should it be assumed that the universe requires the proposition of a God - whatever that is - to explain its existence.

The simple truth is; we don't know enough to form a conclusion.

A belief in God - whatever that is - is a faith based conclusion.

Again, The question now isn’t, “What caused God?” but “What is this cause?” and “Is it God?” For me , I sort of agree with your last sentence, with a little rearranging...."A belief in God-My faith knows what it is-For me is a faith based conclusion" That is my conclusion...

Illegitimi non carborundum