Originally Posted by antlers
"I don't know. "You don't know why you’re posting what you post...?

Specifically, I don't know if you are on the "broad road with the wide gate that leads to destruction". I would hope the Lord would not hold it against someone if they sincerely believed something because they misinterpreted some transcription or were misled. I think the belief that Jesus is God is not true, but maybe I'm wrong. I keep reading the gospels, particularly Matthew (maybe minus the first 2 chapters) and I find no evidence that Jesus considered himself God. And I do think the synoptic gospels are fairly accurate brief accounts of Jesus' life.

I always thought the claim that Jesus was god came from the Roman Catholic church. Even now they chant about "Holy Mary Mother of God".
Originally Posted by IZH27
Hastings.
You reported yourself as being Unitarian in belief several weeks ago. Why would you implicate that we consider you to hold beliefs that you haven’t embraced?
If that’s what you believe embrace it. Own it. Run with it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have said from the beginning that my belief is that there is only one God and that Jesus was/is his agent to deal with humankind.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."