Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by IZH27
No. The church isn’t a political body. It has been abused and used as such but it isn’t intended to be political. If you are speaking about the RC church I can see your point. I don’t factor the RC church into my thinking.
Until Luther came along, what other church was there?

Even after Luther broke away, RC still accounted for the majority of Christian followers for centuries.

It is not possible to separate the Roman Catholic Church from the body of christiandom over the last 2200 years. For most of that time, they were the only game in town.

The Church is an instrument of Satan, who they serve. They give lip service to Christ for money and to deceive the people, just as did the Sadducees and Pharasees, the false jews who had Christ Crucified.

The sin of taking the Lord's name, CHRIST, in vain by calling themselves Christians.

There will be a great gnashing of teeth.

Religion might be an instrument of Satan, but scripture says the church is the Body of Christ, individual believers of Jesus Christ, like you and me. Religion enslaves, but Christianity is freedom. Christianity is our relationship to Jesus our Lord and Savior. Religion is an evil strategy to deceive humanity from our true Holy God. Religion is man’s endeavor to view God in his own vain attempts instead of in God’s way, per scripture.