Quote:
"Is your problem that you think we are all the same? That we all are of the same merit? That's not very humble, and I think it goes in face of all of our experiences meeting people who are superior to us in some way. Just as some people are better athletes than myself, I also recognize being in the presence of someone holier than myself. Don't give me the "filthy rags" bunk argument from Isaiah 64:6 and leave out the rest of Isaiah 64, especially verse 5 (which tells you who he is talking about) or verse 8 which supports my argument even further that we are to surrender ourselves to the Lord's will by accepting His will and...and doing His bidding."

Tyrone, no we are not all the same to each other here on this earth. But we are all equal in that we are all unrighteous in the eyes of God, but for the work of Christ on the cross. His sacrifice made all believers equal in God's sight; so, when we leave this earth and stand before God, we are joint heirs with Jesus. Yes, God wants us to surrender ourselves to his will and do his bidding, but our acceptance by Him is unconditional because Jesus surrendered himself to God's will and did his bidding on the cross, in our stead.

I guess a way of looking at it is if you think of life as a pass-fail test, then we all fail and are therefore equal as far as God is concerned. Some may fail more miserably than others, but we all fail. We have no merit with God. But Jesus took the test for us and passed with a perfect score; so a Christian's score in God's eyes is made perfect, again making us equal. Hope this helps (or at least doesn't confuse).

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.