Originally Posted by IZH27
We certainly agree on the centrality of Christ as the thing that holds it all together and gives it meaning. How do you view that as playing out in a life, the tip of the spear so to speak? I wasn’t very clear but that was the thought behind my question. When a person sees that truth is it an experience based or just the reality alone that makes it work?
To me, I think once one assuredly realizes the truth and the reality of it, it’s like a breath of fresh air. It’s so compelling, and it’s so defensible. And it changes one’s perspective. One truly realizes that happiness isn’t just dependent on whatever life throws our way; we do have a say in the matter. We can find peace amongst the chaos, and contentment despite limitations, and joy even in our lowest moments.

My hope is anchored to an event ~ the very same event that kindled the dwindling hope of Peter and John and James (the brother of Jesus) and the rest of the first followers of Jesus.

Peter says that his hope, and our hope, is anchored to the resurrection of Jesus. “In His great ‘mercy’ He has given us ‘new birth’ into a ‘living hope’ through the ‘resurrection’ of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.”

To me, assuredly knowing the truth and the reality of the original version of Christianity…fully embracing it…changes the way one sees life, lives life, and basically fully experiences life. It makes one’s life better, and it makes one better at life.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.