Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
I've met and conversed and had friends over the years who were atheists. My experience was always good with normal atheists. What I find intriguing are the angry or militant atheists. They drip with bitterness, anger and a driving unsatiable desire to tear down the thing that they don't believe in, the thing that doesn't exist. It all seems a bit mad to me. Normal atheists are just cool with their views. Their shorts aren't twisted in a knot and they don't view Christians as an enemy. They don't insist on lashing out or talking about the "thing that isn't".

Militant/Angry atheists are just Nucking Futz. I have no doubt in my mind that this type has had a very bad experience with religion or were raised in a legalistic church environment. The level of hate that they demonstrate indicates a severe and deep knowledge of a metaphysical problem but suppressed. But, there is typically an undeniable psychological problem in that cranium.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

That's some sort of mirror syndrome. Team Jesus have been the ones displaying nastiness and personal attacks in this thread as another example. You guys are short on employing rational and logical grey matter but plenty long enough on the raw nerves.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by IZH27
I've met and conversed and had friends over the years who were atheists. My experience was always good with normal atheists. What I find intriguing are the angry or militant atheists. They drip with bitterness, anger and a driving unsatiable desire to tear down the thing that they don't believe in, the thing that doesn't exist. It all seems a bit mad to me. Normal atheists are just cool with their views. Their shorts aren't twisted in a knot and they don't view Christians as an enemy. They don't insist on lashing out or talking about the "thing that isn't".

Militant/Angry atheists are just Nucking Futz. I have no doubt in my mind that this type has had a very bad experience with religion or were raised in a legalistic church environment. The level of hate that they demonstrate indicates a severe and deep knowledge of a metaphysical problem but suppressed. But, there is typically an undeniable psychological problem in that cranium.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

That's some sort of mirror syndrome. Team Jesus have been the ones displaying nastiness and personal attacks in this thread as another example. You guys are short on employing rational and logical grey matter but plenty long enough on the raw nerves.

Bidet problems, remember? I agree with There_Ya_Go.....Your purpose is not to inform, because, according to you, there is nothing to be informed about. No, your purpose is to agitate, aggravate, and disrupt.

Illegitimi non carborundum