Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm]

My statement still remains otherwise uncorrected - you haven't shown otherwise.

I haven't shown otherwise? You state above "There's nothing in religious documents that even come close to describing the universe"... I just quoted scriptures.

Genesis is the description of creation and it fails miserably. Your cherry picked clause does nothing to descibe the universe, it lays blanket claim to everything - how childish.

Of course, childish to you, an atheist...the thrust of the Cosmological Argument for the existence of God,....the Universe (i.e., the cosmos) is here, and a Cause is needed. Hawking (you've heard of this scientist) tacitly acknowledges that a Creator is needed in the equation if there is not an adequate explanation for the Universe without Him....but in the end, Hawking’s assertions, like yours, are just that—assertions....and a good description of the universe is...the Universe consists of celestial bodies like the stars, planets, galaxy, dust and gases. The Universe is a large space that contains everything, i.e., all matter and energy from the smallest particles to the largest particles. Everything found in space belongs to the Universe.

God is a pacifier solution for those impatient and really wanting an answer, irrespective of what the truth may be, and in many cases despite what the truth is. The threat of hell is part of the sales pitch for those sitting on the fence - I think Pascal was one of the fence sitters in a neighbourhood of Christians.

I'm not impatient for the answer...people don’t need a threat of Hell to be reconciled to God; they need to taste his infinite love...In the Kingdom of God there can be no fence sitters, as Christians, we must wholeheartedly give ourselves to God in Christ Jesus and not look back. If we remain fence sitters, we will most likely be spewed out.... Pascal's Wager: Belief in God is the rational choice, due to the consequences of being wrong....I think that Pascal is saying that it would be prudent to have a belief in God because of the consequences of not believing.....but this is an important part for Christians, one must continue to pray, ask for forgiveness, and always do the right thing… But I don't believe that it can stop there. One must become mature in their faith and have definitive reasons for it that are based on the truth and not just pragmatism, because as stated before, God can see what is truly in the heart.....

You may be correct about Pascal being a fence sitter...I just do not know.

Yes, Pascal theory is based on hell avoidance, and also I believe the love of God.....I believe hell is a purgatory of sorts that cleanses people of their sins before they go to heaven.

You brought up Pascals wager a long time ago, long before Whitetail48 got angry at you for communicating with the atheists.
If you only rely on the love of a god, why even bother considering Pascals wager? You not sure or something? A bit weak in the conviction maybe?

I didn't get angry with Whitetail48...only an atheist would...>>>>If you only rely on the love of a god, why even bother considering Pascals wager?<<<<
I already told you that way way back, in my early 20s, Pascal's theory intrigued me...it was a fifty-fifty chance....I had no demanding faith involved...so as time went by, I started to pray, ask for forgiveness, and always did the right thing… and as more time went by, I realized that it cannot stop there.....I must become mature in my faith and have definitive reasons for it that are based on the possible truth and not just pragmatism, because as stated before, God can see what is truly in the heart.

Illegitimi non carborundum