Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Some serious wacko cultists here that dont believe in science and shore know how to express it in the most Christian like way.

Yer all going to the big pig roast near as I can figure. After attempting to read a page or two, anyone that thinks christianity is gonna save themselves from the "big hereafter" is nothing but a selfish oaf...

Christians are fortunate that they need not save themselves from anything.
Thats news, be specific as all the "Christian" religious I am familar with dangle the afterlife BS

The core message of Christianity is that God has sent His Son to live the perfect life we cannot live, to die, and to be raised so that those who look to that Son in faith may be forgiven.

We don’t save ourselves at all. Everything that needs to be done has been done by God Himself.

Is that so? Then why do so many Christian faiths espouse the promise of a afterlife, and then strike fear by threatening the gates of hell as the only other option.

That seems very self serving to me, what a man does and how he lives should be from the heart, not based on a threat or a reward.

That’s a good point. I’ve thought about it a lot over the years. I was raised around Hell Fire Brimstone preaching. I don’t agree with that approach but somewhere along the way it became popular.

The nice thing about starting to understand the Gospel is to realize that it isn’t fear driven. It certainly isn’t driven by emotions. I haven’t thought it all the way through but it’s somewhere in between maybe?