Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by 44mc
religion has started more wars than it has stop, think about that

Hope this helps....but I do not know about "than it has stopped".

Religion is actually the cause of a very few wars. Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod’s Encyclopedia of Wars is an excellent source on the subject. In their exhaustive study of over 1,700 wars, only 123 (or about 7%) were fought for religious reasons. If you remove the 66 wars waged in the name of Islam, that number shrinks to a little more than 3%. A second scholarly source, The Encyclopedia of War edited by Gordon Martel, confirms this data, concluding that only 6% of the wars listed in its pages can be labeled religious wars.
I wouldn't be too sure of those findings. Europe fought a series of wars over catholic versus protestant for centuries, the crusades were a series of wars, lately it's been India-Pakistan, Iran-Iraq, Israeli versus Islam, Serbia-Bosnia-Croatia, Greek war of Independence, Ottoman siege of Vienna, the various wars and genocides in Africa, Nigeria has suffered an Islamic uprising as did the Philippines, the Sri Lanka Buddhist war against the Tamil Tigers. I've got some of these out of order but those I could think of off the top of my head. Men have been killing each other using religion as an excuse forever.

Something to look at....thanks

Illegitimi non carborundum