Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
Bibles namely the New Testament have been jacked with by those with an agenda.
World renowned New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman disagrees with your assertion. He’s proficient in Greek and Aramaic and he has personally read thousands and thousands of historical New Testament texts…in the original languages…and he concludes that we can have a high degree of confidence that we can reconstruct the original text of the New Testament, the text that is in the Bibles that we use today, because of the abundance of textual evidence we have to compare. He says that any variations are largely minor and don’t obscure our ability to construct an accurate original text. And he’s not only an expert in biblical textual criticism, he’s also an atheist.
The one with an agenda is you. Clearly.
I don't have an agenda. I've just noticed that there were writings attached as scripture that don't jive with Jesus' teachings. I'll agree with Dr. Ehrman that we have a pretty good account of the original texts. The problem for me is who wrote the addendums to the gospels, what was their agenda, and why do they add to or contravene Jesus' teachings.

I would like to ask your opinion. Could a person who only had access to the Old Testament and the 4 gospels learn enough to achieve salvation? What if all he had was the OT and the book of Matthew? I'm not asking you to state with certainty if you don't know for certain. Just your opinion.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."