Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

So, do you believe that Spinoza was right about the nature of God? I wasn't talking about respecting what he or others believe. I respect your right to believe, but do not share it.

The point was that there are different versions of the idea of God, which are not compatible.

You may respect Spinoza's belief, yet not accept his version of God. Which means that you don't believe in his version of God. The same goes for Hindus, Muslims, etc, you may respect their belief, but not accept their theology.

I forgot to add previously that you last paragraph correct for me.

Good, but it wasn't really the point. The point being, that regardless of your expression of respect for believers and other religions, you don't believe in the reality of the God of Spinoza or the gods Hinduism or its central creator Brahman, or any version of God or gods but your own version, your own Christian theology.

That was the point.

That is true....yes, I only believe in God the Bible, but I thought you knew that....and as I stated many times, I do respect others beliefs and would not diss them...

Illegitimi non carborundum