Originally Posted by antlers
But I’m simply advocating for a different approach…one that’s focused on the event-based version of our faith rather than on the text-based version of our faith…not a different message. It’s about approach, not theology. I understand that it ‘feels’ like theology to some ~ and maybe even threatening theology to some.

But is the foundation of Christianity theology…? Or is it an event in history….? Paul said that apart from that event in history…the resurrection…our faith is useless. I’d add that apart from ‘that’ event, our theology is useless as well. It makes sense to me that we should be driving home the reality of the resurrection every chance we get…!

The approach that most of us grew up with simply doesn’t work anymore in our present culture. In a culture that had high regard for the Bible from the get-go, a traditional approach held its own. But those days are over. And they’ve been over for a long time.

A different approach? other than the God-breathed scripture that is beneficial for doctrine, for proof, for correction, for instruction? 2 Timothy 3:16-17. God’s scripture is our guide for our faith, what we believe, and what we practice. It outdoes man’s views, man’s opinions, man’s traditions, and man’s interpretations, no?

The sufficiency of scripture is a cornerstone of our faith. The writers of scripture spoke from God, not of themselves and were carried along by the Holy Spirit, 2 Peter 1:21. Scripture came from God, not men.

Theology itself is a study of scripture, and scripture, the Word of God, teaches us how to understand the revelation of God and the God of the Bible Himself. Scripture governs theology, not the other way around.