Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Hastings
I see I'm not making any headway with you, but I was not really addressing you personally. Maybe someone with reading comprehension and no preconceived ideas will be quietly reading these posts and decide to look into what did Jesus actually say. And wonder if Paul was aware of Jesus' teachings. I think whoever wrote those letters was trying to subvert Jesus. Remember neither heaven or earth have yet passed away.
You ask specific questions of others pertaining to these same matters on these type of threads…over and over…and many others typically respond directly to your specific questions (over and over). And then you typically ignore the majority of them completely, or sometimes you resort to the type of response above. Your interpretation of what Jesus actually did say, and mean, is clearly very different from the overwhelming majority of those who have chosen to respond to your specific questions on these same matters on these type of threads, over and over. Clearly. But that’s OK. Differing opinions are OK.

But we are all likely guilty…to some degree…of confirmation bias. You, me, and everyone else here who posts on these type of threads. All of us almost invariably arrive at our beliefs not only on the basis of proof, but also on the basis of what we find attractive. In other words, when something is attractive to us, we go looking for reasons to substantiate our belief. And we sometimes…or always…negate nearly everything to the contrary, regardless of how factual and true it is. Also you, me, and everyone else here who posts on these type of threads have a tendency to discount the reliability of information based on the source of the information rather than on the merits of the information.
You are right. I keep saying the same things over and over. I guess I should give up but you can never tell who is reading and checking it out for themselves. I am not any where near the first to question Paul. That has be going on for hundreds of years.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."