Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]Calling the cosmos, or universe, a creation is an unsubstantiated assertion.
There's nothing in religious documents that even come close to describing the universe because those writers had no idea. You'd think a god would want to mention that to somebody - might've added more clout to the story.
Stating that the creation of the universe is an unsubstantiated assertion - - is itself an unsubstantiated assertion.

How would a rational person go about proving that "those writers had no idea". Would someone please post that proof?

We discussed this before....There is much evidence in God the Bible that strengthens our Faith in the hope for things promised and unseen.....BUT, and this is a really big BUTT....there is no MAUSER PROOF.

We discussed this before....evidence shows the truth of a proposition. Faith doesn't use evidence otherwise it would be called fact, not faith.

Evidence shows POSSIBLE truth of a proposition, as I always stated...GEEESCH MAUSER, I stated (before) that I believe something that I do not know to be MAUSER PROOF many times to you...but there is much evidence in God the Bible. Again, all the evidence leads to the hope and promise for the things in God the Bible to be true and is called Christian Faith.

We discussed this before....you misunderstand the word. You probably mean to use "exhibits" or "observations". It becomes evidence once the proposition has been proven true ie evidence supports the truth. Your evidence is evidence of something but until it is linked to a fact, it's just an observation.

I believe we are saying the same thing....I look at it like the below paper from 40 years ago....

Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.

***Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement.***

It'd be best to shred that paper - it's wrong.

Surely you jest...is that all?

I shit you not. Losing that paper will be a good start for you. Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. Simple as that. Theists don't understand these real world concepts.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?