Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
[quote=DBT][quote=antlers]People who are unchurched or dechurched, and even people who profess to be
The people of the time where more likely to believe in supernatural things, seeing signs and wonders where we, being more sceptical with our better understanding of the natural world, would not.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Oh my....scriptures from God the Bible is not evidence? We have discussed that many times....well anyway, your statement is unworthy to Theist and that is what separates Theist from Atheist.

More than a number of times, but you never seem to be be able to grasp the fallacy of begging the question, which means that what is written in a book is not evidence for the truth of its own claims. It's also called circular reasoning.

You don't accept evidence as being something that is written other holy books, yet you are happy to apply the fallacy to your own holy book, the bible. Which is a double standard.

Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a possible fact or statement. Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

With all the religions out there, it is a double-triple standard....however, I choose to believe in Christianity and hope that it is not a fallacy....

Illegitimi non carborundum