Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If Paul was wrong, we've got a problem.
That is a good start. The first thing that has to be done in solving a problem is realizing there is a problem.
If your good works or what is saving you what are you doing that is affecting that salvation personally?
I don't understand your question. Maybe it has some typos or omissions? Please read it over.

I apologize. I do a lot of voice to text and sometimes that gets scrambled up and I don’t always proofread as well as I should.

If I understand your view properly, you look at Jesus instructions on keeping the law as a means of salvation. It seems also that you hold the view the Old Testament taught a law based salvation.

I grew up in legalism, which had a very strong emphasis on what we do influencing impacting determining the effectiveness of our faith effective.

The question I’m trying to ask is what measurement are you using to determine the effectiveness of the works and obedience necessary to keep the law and be saved?
I've admitted to God I have been a bad person, apologized, repented and now trying to love God and treat others as I would expect to be treated. I have deduced that the big 10 are still in force and while some of the more arcane regulations back in Deuteronomy and Leviticus may have only pertained to Israel during their sojourn there are some very important to the social harmony and good health. Such as the condemnation of sexual deviancy and the consumption of things such as reptiles and hogs. So I'm trying to live out my life in kindness as far as reasonably possible and avoiding the nasty foods prohibited and reemphasized in even Isaiah 66. It does seem particularly offensive to be consuming swine and rodents.

As to the swine and shellfish and reptiles (especially alligators) their diets and implications in human disease transmission illustrate the Mosaic laws and just like the big 10 are for the benefit of mankind not God.

I have both wild hogs and alligators on my property and they will eat things a buzzard won't eat. I understand hogs are raised in captivity and fed a restricted diet but they are swine and a lot of people (my wife included) are allergic to them and they play a big part in transforming viruses into human pathogens.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."