Originally Posted by IZH27
The responses on this thread may be the best example of why the young are leaving the church.

For years I’ve studied and observed the impact of post and Post-post modernism on our culture. I had never thought it through to apply it to what we see in the church.

This thread represents a lot of people saying a lot of different things expressed as what I believe. That’s very post post modern as it trickles down to the individual and “my truth”.

There is only one right doctrine yet we see many things presented here as truth and for the most part they stand on conflict because when compared they conflict.

How many of you guys have questioned the validity of what you believe and how many have settled into “the truth”, won’t bend even in though you understand the fallibility of your own thoughts and intellect?
I could be wrong and I'm positive as far as the New Testament is concerned it was put together by Constantine's men with an agenda to effect a wedding of church and state. They would have preferred to leave Jesus' teachings but just could not get by with that so they had to twist them.

So, as far as the New Testament, what is truth?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."