Please consider what I say from this perspective. I spent over 40 years of my life bogged down in legalism. The influences? Pietistic Anabaptist, Separate Baptist works gospel, Wesleyan Holiness and a heavy influence of Wesleyan Christian perfectionism as if everything else wasn’t enough.

I could not have tried harder. I could not have been more sincere. I could not have wanted those things more than I did. I’m left with the fact that I never found transcendence. I never found a second work of grace. I never found myself to be good and improving.

Based on my experience and background I’ll ask a sincere and serious question of you guys that day that works are necessary. I’m not disputing that but your emphasis seems to be that works are a necessity after salvation or there is likely not gonna be salvation.

If works are indeed necessary for our continued justification before God you should be able to tell us a few things that you have done to improve your lot and your standing. What can you point to that demonstrates that you are or righteous and/or more holy?