Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[quote=DBT][quote=Raspy][quote=DBT][quote=IZH27]
The problem with you 2 is that you do not have an honest open inquiry and honest questioning..I respond with frustration toward you 2....How many times does one have to tell you that we do not have proof of the TRUTH, only that there is much EVIDENCE in God the Bible that strengthens our Faith in the HOPE for things PROMISED and UNSEEN.

The "evidence" that we have points towards truths and none of it to any god. Much "evidence of god" has turned out to be explained by natural means, not magic. The gods are evaporating.

I emphatically disagree...and as you say, bafflegab, and what proof do you have to back up your statement?

There is more archaeological evidence for Jesus’ existence than for virtually any other figure from ancient history. There’s an abundance of corroborating archaeological evidence; a great amount of the people, cities, places, etc. of Jesus’ life and ministry are established in the archaeological record. But when it comes to Jesus specifically, the best evidence we have is God the Bible and hopefully the evidence that we have will point towards the truth.

Jesus likely did exist. All the extraordinary stuff around his life, not so much - no evidence of that stuff for some reason. Over the centuries Jesus turned white and became caucasian, and no-one batted an eyelid. There are even arguements going on currently about whether he was god or not.

More evidence and less arguements over the existance of Spiderman.

You believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I believe......your last sentence is what pi$$es Christians on the Fire off, and I'm sure you cannot help yourself....you love triggering folks like me, Aces, IZH27, CCCC, There_Ya_Go, just to name a few...I think that is why you keep coming back as you really enjoy harassing, incensing, and infuriating us.

But, to help you to understand, not only is the Bible we have today a reliable rendering of the ancient writings as evidence; it is by far the best documented collection of ancient texts in existence! I know you will not do it, but I would like to suggest you go to a good Bible or Bible dictionary and look up such topics as “Text of the Old Testament,” “Text of the New Testament” or “English Bible” versions.

By the way, there are many excellent modern versions of the Bible out there. The newer versions that the Gideon's distribute are well grounded in the ancient texts of Scripture.

Antlers, above has good info too....

The majority of the world don't share your faith though - deal with it.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?