Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
....I find the above 2 examples as evidence, but not bulletproof PROOF, which is why believing in the existence of God of the Bible is a matter of my faith, and not PROOF.

Why the faith though? If you are not convinced something is true, why bother with wanting to believe it?

Having faith in the Lord is about more than simply believing He is real. It’s about actually doing what God, the Bible dictates for people like me that are a follower of the faith. It’s about living your life the way your faith says you should. After all, if you really had faith in God and the Bible, you’d be inclined to obey its commandments, and that is why I have a drive for faith, at least I would like to think so.... We have no evidence that there is an afterlife. It’s not like the dead can come back and tell us that Heaven really exists. There is no scientific reason to believe that there is anything after death. And yet, Christians like me have faith in the belief that Heaven awaits God’s people.....but of course I could be wrong, but that's my take...

Illegitimi non carborundum