I always check in on these threads to see what people are actually doing for workouts. A couple of you guys are using some pretty impressive weight.

I'm about to start over, at least thats how it feels. I took a week off to recover a bit and go trout fishing with my Dad for a long weekend. I then ran into a kidney stone, tried lithotrypsy which didn't work and am now headed to real surgery to remove the rock in my back. Not major surgery but won't be doing anything for at least a week after surgery. It sucks.

I'm 52 and lift 2-3 days/week and have moved to a full body workout. I've always been prone to over-training and use injuries. I do cardio 2-3 days a week and usually jog 3-5 miles and try to keep under 10 min/miles. I'm usually at 9:30-9:45 as an average.

I'm pondering how to modify my current program a bit. I see what looks like a fair amount of Crossfit in some of the workouts posted. I tend to lift fairly heavy because elk hunting 3-5 miles from the car at 10,000 is tough.

For the guys in there 50's, what is the ratio of weight training to cardio? There is no such thing as too much cardio but am thinking about my knees and hips when I get older. So far no major issues and want to keep it that way. I'm also curious on how many reps/sets on weight days. I tend to go to almost failure or slight help on last rep. Wondering how my joints will hold up to that philosophy.

Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.