Originally Posted by KuiLei
Any good recommendations on fitness apps or programs that just use bodyweight only? Or only uses resistance bands? Tough to get weights here, as shipping is a killer even in-country. Even a pullup bar might not be do-able. I've just been doing crunches, situps and pushups for a little while, but would like a better overall workout.

I've got a mountain bike for cardio, and am now up to 20km at better than 31km/hr time trialing. 762 calories in 37+ minutes according to Runtastic. I do longer rides with the boys at a fat burner type pace (Time trials go deep into the supposed "red" zone. Well above the 220 - age theoretical maximum heart rate). Next goal is 25km at better than 30km/hr. Then 30 km in an hour.

Since moving here, I've dropped over 12 kilos from my weight just before I left the states last July. My resting heart rate is now in the mid-upper 40s. I eat essentially whatever I want, but my overall caloric intake is certainly down from where it was in the States. There's no shortage of rice or noodles here, so it's not a low carb diet or anything. It's just simple math - reduced caloric input + increased activity = weight loss.

Apologies for all metric, but using Imperial units here is a PITA.

KL

You can do a lot with your bodyweight but pushups and pull ups are essential. Resistance bands is probably the route you need to go. I'd Google them and see what's recommended and what workouts there are.