Originally Posted by KuiLei
Any good recommendations on fitness apps or programs that just use bodyweight only? Or only uses resistance bands? Tough to get weights here, as shipping is a killer even in-country. Even a pullup bar might not be do-able. I've just been doing crunches, situps and pushups for a little while, but would like a better overall workout.

I've got a mountain bike for cardio, and am now up to 20km at better than 31km/hr time trialing. 762 calories in 37+ minutes according to Runtastic. I do longer rides with the boys at a fat burner type pace (Time trials go deep into the supposed "red" zone. Well above the 220 - age theoretical maximum heart rate). Next goal is 25km at better than 30km/hr. Then 30 km in an hour.

Since moving here, I've dropped over 12 kilos from my weight just before I left the states last July. My resting heart rate is now in the mid-upper 40s. I eat essentially whatever I want, but my overall caloric intake is certainly down from where it was in the States. There's no shortage of rice or noodles here, so it's not a low carb diet or anything. It's just simple math - reduced caloric input + increased activity = weight loss.

Apologies for all metric, but using Imperial units here is a PITA.

KL

Hi KL
Might want to take a look a Darebee.com....The format might be kind of cheesy but the workout programs are good, all body weight or minimal equipment and there's alot of them to chose from.