Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I can not see this thread solving much. Once again, it takes a larger leap of faith to embrace evolution then creationism.

?

Evolution, just as GG says, is factual. The existence of evolution does not have to mean Ooze to Humans. Evolution covers much more and is irrefutable.

If you're going to have a talk about the THEORY of evolution, you need to keep it in scientific terms; because it is a scientific subject. Therefore, while your statement that evolution is "factual" conversationally, scientifically it is incorrect.

Evolution is a scientific theory. To be fact, it has to be something you can recreate. Therefore, it falls under the heading of science theory, such as other science theories:

Gravity
Relativity (general & special)
Plate tectonics
...I could go on.

Functionally these are treated as if they are fact, because we have been unable to prove them wrong, and quite the opposite. Each new discovery actually ends up further supporting these theories rather than disproving them. These theories are also predictable in nature...If A is true, I ought to be able to do B and see XYZ result. ALL of these theories (including Evolution); this is observed.