Originally Posted by JoeBob

But I wasn’t talking about humans. I was talking about the mutations that caused a fifty cell organism to develop an eye when nothing like that structure existed.

I am literally NOT arguing for the existence of God in this thread. I’m not even denying micro evolution. And maybe, I’m not even arguing a bit more than micro evolution in higher order animals. But to get from those simple animals to the higher ones, you need new information and the math makes the insertion of that information by random mutation unlikely. The earth simply isn’t old enough even if it is 4.5 billion years old. There haven’t been enough organisms.

Now you're on to irreducible complexity.

The eye has evolved many times independently, by different mechanisms. It's not irreducibly complex. An example is where it starts with a light sensitive patch of cells merely for distinguishing light from darkness. A curvature of these cells gives the animal the ability to sense the direction of light. Increase the curvature, and eventually you've reached the pinhole (lensless) eye, like that on a nautilus.