Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I have no trouble distinguishing. Your mileage may vary.

Here is what you need to understand, if human beings are an evolutionary accident, then the entire Bible is a lie.
Correct. It would be. That's not what I believe. As a pro bowler is capable of releasing the ball in such a way as to intend a strike, and, once released, be sure that he threw a strike. How much more so can God set the universe in motion in such a way as to be sure of all the outcomes that result, in accordance with his will.

The Bible says that God created us in his image.
This doesn't necessarily refer to our physicality, and almost certainly doesn't, since God, in his essence, is spirit. So it's reasonable that this verse refers to our resembling him in the sense that we are, in our essence, spirits, in a certain way, like God.
It says that he has a specific plan for us.
Yes.
It makes no allowances for any scenario where we were mere accidents.
Agreed, as explained above.
If you want to believe in evolution, then your only choice as a Christian is to believe in an evolution designed and directed by God himself.
I strongly disagree. The Bible says that God delegated the bringing forth of all the living creatures to the earth and the waters, i.e., the natural world that he created.
There is no room for what you seem to espouse.
I strongly disagree.