Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by rainshot
One either chooses to believe or not. We all have free will and sometimes we trust what we think we know rather than what truly is. God gives us a choice. In the end you will reap the reward you have earned.

Why do people keep trotting out this utterly stupid statement? Time and again, every religious thread brings it out. Can people simply not think? Choose to believe in the Easter bunny....go ahead, try it. How about Santa Claus? There's no downside, only benefits. Free presents, free chocolate eggs....maybe it only happens if you believe? But you can't, because it seems ridiculous to you. This is why Christians generally won't respond to this question, because it makes it a bit of a problem to judge and condemn people who believe wrongly in their eyes.

Would have to agree.

The statement is just too stupid for words...

Maybe not so stupid....I will risk using a silly example... but..... for example, do you believe in the Easter Bunny? Probably not and you could provide the reasons why you don’t believe. There may be evidence that the Easter Bunny does indeed live.... at least on the Hallmark Channel, but after looking at the evidence, you choose ....”not” to believe in the Easter Bunny. It is indeed a choice you have made.

You likely make similar choices about “right” and “wrong”..... and about political philosophies.... you get the idea... you make choices about what you believe.

Now one might say that a person is simply a product of his environment and really cannot overcome that and make his own choices. Only the weak minded and cowardly hold to that thinking. It implies that one is not responsible for his own choices.... I choose not to believe that..... based on the evidence seen in our human experiences.

Anyway, I have examined the evidence for the existence of God.... I looked at this argument for and that argument against and I chose to believe. Simple.

Warning: there are bible verses that clearly indicate that a man does indeed choose ...God or not....see Joshua’s statement about choosing God. But, it also teaches that God has a hand in it as well.... see Acts and the conversion of Lydia. These “side by side” teachings are somewhat of a mystery to me, but.... just because I do not fully understand simply means I do not fully understand....yet.

Last edited by TF49; 08/11/19. Reason: Pp, spel cjek

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”