Originally Posted by nighthawk
It would make us puppets if our decision making was controlled exclusively by our environment, and the creator who dictated that environment would necessarily be the puppet master. I will not doubt the existence of a transcendent spirit, and therein lies the power of choice. A non-transcendent spirit, existing in only the physical world, is controlled by it's environment.

Nobody is saying that decision making is ''controlled exclusively by our environment'' least of all me - there are huge leaps made between what I say and the response I get. It's like there is no relationship between what I say and how it's interpreted. Please brush up on the neurocience of decision making.

''Our thoughts, though abstract and vaporous in form, are determined by the actions of specific neuronal circuits in our brains. The interdisciplinary field known as “decision neuroscience” is uncovering those circuits, thereby mapping thinking on a cellular level. Although still a young field, research in this area has exploded in the last decade, with findings suggesting it is possible to parse out the complexity of thinking into its individual components and decipher how they are integrated when we ponder. Eventually, such findings will lead to a better understanding of a wide range of mental disorders, from depression to schizophrenia, as well as explain how exactly we make the multitude of decisions that ultimately shape our destiny.''

Originally Posted by nighthawk

And my bible doesn't say that.

If that refer to the bible saying that God creates evil, it does indeed say that.

Last edited by DBT; 08/05/19.