Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Homo habilis became Homo erectus became Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis and denisovans. The latter two of which crossed back with separate branches of Homo sapiens.

Many humans today carry genes originating in either neanderthals or denisovans. Some carry genes from both.

So can you identify what you consider to be the earliest genesis form of the species that evolved into what all consider to be human today i.e. homo sapiens? I assume this is homo habilis??

H habilis came from a more archaic line of hominids which came from other more distant mammals which date back to 66 million years ago at the K-T boundary.

The question is not genesis of life. That question is unanswerable at this time. The question was, "Can we identify trans-species evolution?" Examples of which abound for anyone who looks with an open mind.

So let's be specific--did Lucy precede Homo habilis? Is she the trans-specie link?

Apparently you don't read much. There is no single "trans-specie link". "Lucy" preceded Homo habilis by about 1.5 million years and is one of several ancestral species. BTW: Homo habilis is not the same as Homo sapiens, our own species.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.