Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
All of our prayers should have a balance of being honest communication that is yielding to the sovereign will of God. I never gave into all the requests of my children, and sometimes denying them was for their own good; but they also needed to know that they could come and talk about anything ... and sometimes they did get what they wanted ... if they did not demand it ... if they could benefit from it. They knew I enjoyed giving what I felt would be for their good and that is why they came and asked. Those conversations built trusting relationships and character in my children. This is the analogy given in scripture for prayer.

My long ago prayer for the life of my little grandson would have been for his own good. Didn't happen.

Bowsinger,

I “babysat” a couple of grandkids last night. Great fun. And I did think about what it might be like to lose one... or my own child.... I cannot imagine the emotional torment and grief that would come with that. My heartfelt condolences to you.

There are troubles and times of grief that come into this world. I had a time like that when my wife of 38 years passed away from cancer. It was a terrible time for her. She was ill for almost three years. Yes, many prayers from friends, family, church members and from folks we didn’t know. The prayers were for healing but also for strength as we went through this time. She was not healed but, after about two years of struggle, she had peace with the Lord and later went home in true victory.

I did not share her peace.. I struggled the entire time. I had a true “sovereignty of God” issue. But, when I was greatly confused, troubled and disappointed with all that was going on.....God spoke to my mind.... it was very clear, spoke with authority.... spoke with finality and spoke with love...and spoke without providing an explanation......He told me, and these are the exact words....”I want her in heaven with me.”

I was stricken with two emotions at the same time... grief and joy.... grief that I suddenly knew, without a doubt that radiation and chemo were not going to save her life.... but joy....joy of knowing that God was in on it, He was there.... He knew.... He knew her and He was going to take her to be with him. There was also a kind peace about it...I knew God was with us and while I did not nor had not wanted any of this struggle ...... somehow .....God’s hand was there and His purpose were being fulfilled.

May God bless....

Last edited by TF49; 08/31/19. Reason: Spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”