Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT

LOL, who/what are you arguing against, I never said otherwise. You're so wrapped up in your own opinions that you can't even register what I've said or not said. All you can do is argue against your own strawmen. Hopefully, you can win some of those arguments.

LOL, quite a lot of dodging and weaving, smokepole. Even the irony of mentioning 'strawmen' appears to escape you.

The fact being; you asked me a question.

The question you asked was; If two theories contradict each other, are both negated?

To which I replied - If two 'theories' contradict, both cannot be true. One must be wrong, or both can be wrong, but both cannot be true. Whether something is true or false is determined by evidence - which has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that I asserted that 'faith could be proven wrong due to contradictions among different faiths'' and just shows that you failed to understand anything I said, instead relying on your childish antics of derision to get you through (only in the illusion of your own mind)

My question was limited to your assertion that faith could be proven wrong due to contradictions among different faiths.

There lies your error and your strawman. I didn't say that ''faith could be proven wrong due to contradiction'' but that contradictory beliefs cannot all be true, if one is true, the other must be false and to determine the truth requires evidence, not faith.

Poor Smokepole, I hope that you'll eventually understand what is being explained. Maybe a few more times in different ways?

That's rich, DB. It's true that you didn't explicity say faith could be proven wrong, but you implied as much by discussing all faiths collectively and saying there are "problems with faith" due to contradictions. In saying that you branded all faiths collectively as problematic. You didn't parse it as you did above by saying if one is true, the other must be false, that's obvious. You backtracked later with your "explanations" by saying that faith is not a good way to get at the truth, in this case the truth about evolution. And I agree with that, by the way.

But the erroneous and simple-minded assumption you're making is that all people of faith (or at least all Christians) are creationists and reject evolution, which is obviously not the case. There are plenty of people who believe that God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. These people are not looking to their faith to get at the truth about evolution. So your "explanations" are meaningless, and serve no purpose for them. Or me.

Just more long-winded BS.

Offering long winded BS even while complaining about what you see as being long winded BS....that's irony for you.

It doesn't matter that some folk believe that evolution is compatible with the idea of a Creator or 'God' because evolution does not need a Creator as an explanation. Life evolves for reasons that have nothing to do with a God.

If people want to believe in the existence of a God, be it Brahma, Allah, Zeus or whatever, as a matter of faith, that is their own business and their right.