Heven't heard from Ringman for several pages so I'll stop beating him up.

Ringman has the type of faith that, if there was evidence the sky was blue, and Genesis said it was red, he would refuse to look at it. His faith makes him ignore all the evidence for evolution and all the evidence that whoever wrote Genesis, they had very little to do with God or reality. There are worse things to have than that kind of faith.

For the record I believe in the basics of Christianity, and that religion is necessary for society to be anything but a bunch of greedy people immersed in moral relativism.

As for prayer, Jesus taught us how to pray. (Did you ever hear of the Lord's Prayer?) All these prayers (people post "prayers sent") for someone to get well, etc., are NOT what the Lord's Prayer says. It says "thy will be done."

And I don't think such prayers work. True, you can find cases where, coincidentally, someone prays and someone gets well. But for at least 500 years, every public event in England has been preceded by a prayer for the health and long lives of the royal family. Yet they don't live any longer than otherwise. People should pray for "thy will be done" instead of any specific outcome.

And "thy kingdom come?" Many people think that means the end of time and that someone is going to come down from the clouds and banish everyone to hell. Rubbish. Jesus was quite explicit in saying that the kingdom of God is within us. It hasn't come yet. Pray that it does.

As for hell, I don't believe in the concept of hell that some Christians have. It was basically thought up in the Dsrk Ages to scare ignorant peasants into subsidizing the drunkenness and adultery of oligarchs like the Borgia Popes.

Our current Bible was basically thought up by a bunch of medieval bishops around 300 AD, not by Jesus or even Paul. They included some writings and threw out others, including several "gospels." Were they divinely inspired? Why would we think so? I believe Christianity would be a lot more attractive if we threw out some of the more egregious absurdities of the Old Testament as well as the scary monster stuff in Revelation.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.