Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by smokepole

It's amazing that you have to ask that question. It shows that you didn't understand my answer, and in fact have no clue about the faith-based beliefs that you so arrogantly dismiss.

Google "Pope Francis and evolution" and get back to me. Here, I'll give you a head start:

“The Big-Bang, that is placed today at the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine intervention but exacts it,” Francis said, speaking at a ceremony in the Vatican Gardens inaugurating a bronze bust in honor of his successor, Pope Benedict XVI. “The evolution in nature is not opposed to the notion of Creation, because evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve.”

Catholics often “risk imagining that God was a magician, with such a magic wand as to be able to do everything” when they think of the creation story, Francis said.

“God is not a demiurge or a magician, but the Creator who gives being to all entities,” he said.

And to answer your question, no I'm not Catholic. Just aware of more than my own narrow point of view.

I asked the question because there are different interpretations and different answers that can be made and given. The reply that you gave does not answer my question. It just raises more questions that appear to be resulting in a cycle of futility.

The only cycle of futility I see is asking you to answer a simple yes or no question.

You're apparently incapable.

It's not a yes or no question. You set your own terms and conditions and when they are not met you feel justified. The answer is: faith is a poor tool for separating fact from fiction. History shows that. Logic tells us that.

Sure it is, you just can't answer one. If Iasked you if the sky was blue, three paragraphs later your answer would still be shrouded in a cloud of bullsh**.

A wise man is frequently humbled.