Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I want to believe but I just can't seem to find a mammal with evidence of the animal it evolved from.

Are you qualified to see that if it was there?? Which it is, by the way. Every animal bears overwhelming evidence of evolution.

Take humans alone, and take a look at our spine, where it attaches to our pelvis and skull, and you can see that this is all constructed for quadrupedalism, and only partially adapted to bipedalism. This is why we so often damage our backs with heavy lifting. That S-shape is the adaptation. It's good enough for the most part so that we can walk upright, but it's a post hoc adaptation of a quadrupedal skeleton.

[Linked Image]

Then there's the nerve (vagus) attachment from our brain's speech center to our larynx. It takes a long detour, rather than being directly connected in a straight line. This is because when that nerve first appeared, our ancestors were fish, had no necks, and their hearts were right up close to their heads (back then, it was a straight line connection). As a result, as our ancestors developed necks, and our hearts moved further away from our heads, the nerve link between the brain and the voice box was on the wrong side of the right subclavian artery. This nerve serves no other function but to connect the speech center of our brains to our larynx, so the detour pathway it takes cannot be explained in any other way.

[Linked Image]

Then take dew claws not infrequently appearing on dogs' hind legs (one of my dogs was born with one such dew claw on his right hind leg, but not on his left). Wolves don't have them. It's a throwback to the distant ancestors of canids who had five toes on all four feet like wolverines.

[Linked Image]