Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by DBT

What I am doing is nothing more than pointing out that evolution is well supported by evidence and that there are problems with faith based belief. That's all. There is no shifting from this or that, what I said was and still is related to that issue.

"There are problems with faith-based belief??"

That has to be the most arrogant statement you've made so far, and it's also demonstrably false.

Faith-based belief is by definition based on faith, not evidence or science. What "problems" do you have with someone else's faith?

Faith-based belief is by definition based on faith, not evidence...

You don't see the problem with that?

Whether there's a "problem" depends entirely on what the faith-based belief is.

Can you expand on that? Can you give a description with examples? Something that defines your distinction between problematic faith and non problematic faith and what makes the difference.

It's amazing that you have to ask that question. It shows that you didn't understand my answer, and in fact have no clue about the faith-based beliefs that you so arrogantly dismiss.

Google "Pope Francis and evolution" and get back to me. Here, I'll give you a head start:

“The Big-Bang, that is placed today at the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine intervention but exacts it,” Francis said, speaking at a ceremony in the Vatican Gardens inaugurating a bronze bust in honor of his successor, Pope Benedict XVI. “The evolution in nature is not opposed to the notion of Creation, because evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve.”

Catholics often “risk imagining that God was a magician, with such a magic wand as to be able to do everything” when they think of the creation story, Francis said.

“God is not a demiurge or a magician, but the Creator who gives being to all entities,” he said.

And to answer your question, no I'm not Catholic. Just aware of more than my own narrow point of view.

A wise man is frequently humbled.