Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
I am not a scientist--therefore I posted definitions from people who are. That is not an uncommon practice to cite scientists on science. Not sure why you think that I think that humanity is irrelevant--human life is created in the image of God and is sacred and morally responsible.

Humanity is not irrelevant. But it is irrelevant to the argument you are cutting and pasting futilely trying to describe a difference between micro and macro evolution.

And if human life is created in the image of God, which race of humans is that? Whites? Blacks? Or maybe an extinct member of genus Homo like Homo habilis or Homo erectus? And if God looks like one of the modern human races, why would God try to emulate an evolved ape even before the universe was created?

I'm sure it is irrelevant to your theories but it is not to science as I quoted scientists using it. Are your credentials large enough to cite yourself?

Additionally DNA studies are showing evidence of the likelihood of a single source for humans.
Here’s the Cliffs Notes version: According to the authors all our mitochondria came from a very small population about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, perhaps as small as a population size of two, though later in the paper they qualify that number. According to Stoeckle and Thaler, the same timeframe is true for 90 percent of animal species. No wonder so many people in the theistic evolution/creation dispute got irritated or excited. Theistic evolutionists saw it as an occasion for fanning the flames of anti-evolutionary sentiment. Young earth creationists saw it as evidence for the ark

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/12/does-barcoding-dna-reveal-a-single-human-pair/

I'm citing an evolutionary site so you don't choke on this possibility.

There was a genetic bottleneck, possibly two, during the last ice age where we as a species nearly went extinct.

Evidence that two main bottleneck events shaped modern human genetic diversity

''Immediately following a sharp population decline, rare alleles are lost faster than heterozygosity, creating a transient excess of heterozygosity relative to allele number, a feature that is used by Bottleneck to infer historical events. We find evidence of two primary events, one ‘out of Africa’ and one placed around the Bering Strait, where an ancient land bridge allowed passage into the Americas. These findings agree well with the regions of the world where the largest founder events might have been expected, but contrast with the apparently smooth gradient of variability that is revealed when current heterozygosity is plotted against distance from Africa.''

Last edited by DBT; 08/16/19.