Originally Posted by Thunderstick
The natural processes ordained by God after the fall include death and disease and sickness. In order for that to happen natural processes will fall short of perfection..
Ahem just like the Bible says.

So, as a result of the fall of Adam, God turned that gene off in human beings, gorillas, and chimpanzees? Why those three? Other animals, those less directly in our line of descent, are still able to synthesize vitamin C, even other primates. Just not the higher primates that are so closely related to us. Is it just a coincidence that the fall of Adam hit us three in the same exact way, and left other species alone?

I suspect not. I suspect that we all three have the same defect in our vitamin C synthesizing gene because we are close cousin species with a fairly recent common ancestor that lived around ten million years ago that acquired a mutated vitamin C synthesizing gene, i.e., one that got turned off by a mutation we all three inherited. Man, the chimpanzee, and the gorilla, all inherited it from that common ancestor species.