Originally Posted by DBT
[/b]
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT

Originally Posted by Thundrerstruck

Another bad argument because I did not say that God created evil out of His infinite goodness.

I said it. It's just basic logic.

God is a source of natural calamity that is sometimes called evil in a general sense, but He is not author of sinful or moral evil. If you design a rifle for hunting to put food on the table and it gets used to commit a crime, are you the ultimate source of the crime? Think about the logic of your argument.

You completely ignore both what the bible says about God in relation to creating evil, verses that have been quoted, and the logical implications of omniscience and omnipotence in relation to a created world, while repeating objection that are not related to these issues.

You won't find one verse in the Bible that teaches that God is author of moral evil. You have shown that your ability to interpret the Bible is significantly compromised by your agenda. However this is off topic to the header of this thread anyway.

Is it moral to order the slaughter of women and children? Is it moral to have someone stoned to death for a minor infringement, gathering sticks on a Sabbath?

I think that your idea of morality may be a little skewed.

The bible tells us that God is responsible for pretty much everything:

''shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6, KJV)

"And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord?" Exodus 4:11

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies". Isaiah 42:13

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good? " (Lamentations 3:38)

''Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory'' - Romans 9:21-23

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.''
Proverbs 16:4

This is outside the scope of this thread ... but none of those verses remotely suggest that God is the author of moral evil only that He uses calamity (sometimes called evil or bad things) and wicked men or demons to accomplish His purposes.

There are plenty of verses which declare that God is perfectly holy and cannot sin.