Originally Posted by Gus
just 39 pages or so. can't stop now.

antelope sniper has asked what do we believe and why.

Fair 'nuff. I believe that God created everything. Somebody did and we define that entity as God. Even the quantum soup idea requires somebody create dimensions and a universe to hold them for quantum-something to work in.

I also believe that evolution is likely correct. Evidence supports it and as far as I know there is no scientific evidence to the contrary.

And I believe these are not contradictory positions. The bible is not a book of science, it is a book of morals. Taken as such and written with the free use of literary devices there is nothing in the poetic language of Genesis that prohibits evolution.

And there is nothing in evolutionary theory that prohibits divine intervention. Can be fairly read as a map of "how he did it." The odds that evolution, and more so creation, worked out the way it did are long indeed. You can fairly say that's Mother Nature, people win Powerball. But there is no reason to not say the divinity had his thumb on the scale for this outcome. Statistics by it's nature cannot be definitive.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.