Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by nighthawk
The history of faith with its countless contradictory beliefs, religions, ideologies, testifies that faith is not a reliable means of discovery or determining truth.

Maybe science isn't either? Once science had only four elements. Now the periodic table is open ended. And for how many hundreds of years were Newton's erroneous laws all but worshiped. Science is complete they said. It's easy to cite mistakes made along the way and sophistry to cite them as proof of something. Except humans make mistakes in all their endeavors.

And there is plenty of evidence starting with the high improbability of anthropic conditions which you seem to dismiss because they don't offer an ontological certainty. Or maybe it's just that they don't fit your desired result.

Science is self correcting and does not claim to have all the answers. The discoveries of science are proof of its efficacy and its ongoing investigation into the natural world.

In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion. Carl Sagan

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."